Kids’ Club area (outdoors and indoors) Mövenpick Hotel
Introduce to children with the intermediary of 2 Lebanese aka Phoenician characters the cultural/traditional aspect of countries from all continents by highlighting the people’s traditional dress issue, the wonders of this country, etc including few dialogs addressed in a simple way every now and then between the main characters and others in different languages such as greetings etc
- 1 outside front wall where the area of the painting is already determined (artwork might be produced on a board instead of directly on the wall due to the surface’s height)
- steps of the outdoor entrance
- 4 inside walls of which 3 are situated at the entrance hall of the kids play area (1 will be outlined only and colored by children participants)
1 large wall inside the playroom designed by 2/3 illustrations related to the theme’s storyboard produced on wooden boards
- 9 pillars inside the playroom designed by 1 illustration on each pillar, related to the theme’s storyboard produced on wooden boards
- Wooden doors from the outside (around 120) used to separate each activity section will be repainted by a painter worker and illustrated by us
- 1 wooden wall on which we will paint on 1 side (recto) displayed inside the playroom
Painting Material: Acrylic / water based colors (premium quality), thin and thick painting brushes and a few “rouleau” used to paint the walls will be chosen by both artists executors and provided by Mövenpick Hotel & Resort Beirut.
Project’s duration: 14 working days, starting 4th until 19th of June 2009
Working hours: 9 am-7pm
The creative team: 2professional artists, 1 painter assistant as well as 25 children living in 5 different foster homes, especially talented children who would benefit from art as a form of therapy.
This project has been conceptualized by Kiki Bokassa, execution in collaboration with Racelle Izhak.